Monday 9 February 2015

BRING IT BACK


I lost my happiness to you when you left
I constantly break down in tears when I hear your favorite music
There's nothing I do right without wishing you were by my side
I hardly close my eyes when I get to bed...
...Because no one sings me a lullaby to put me to sleep
If there's a man-problem around the house, all I do is let it be...
...Because I never did those things on my own
I lock my doors and windows every now and then...
...But I never feel so secured being alone
We used to be an item
Until you left without a trace...
We used to be happy together 
Until we had that little misunderstanding...
What on earth do you want me to do without you?
How do I explain to the world what went wrong?
How I wish I had answers to these questions...
...But I wouldn't need answers if you came back and told me you're never going to leave again.
Lets start it all afresh
Lets pretend this never happened...
...So I can feel alive again because
I really do miss you.

3 comments:

  1. Haha...was it to "Naanie" or what.....hmmmnn...just thinking aloud ooooo,,,lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good poetry and pouring out of the heart by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Khadijah dats history nw n da young ones wld hve 2 read abt it in books...
    I write out wat cums into ma mind n be4 I finish writing a piece, it seems lyk I hve written wat I feel. Lyk I sed, wen I begin 2 write evrythng keeps cumn till am done n it flows easily.
    Tanx anyway, am glad u lyk it :)

    ReplyDelete